Greetings Fellow RBUers and all you other visitors, too! Before I go any farther, I’d like to offer a HUGE thank you to Glen Staples for coming to the rescue with the October edition of our little blog because my life has been a crazy whirlwind these past few weeks. And I think the October posts were fabulous…as always! So kudos to you, Glen.
And now, with that bit of business out of the way I’d like to say welcome to…I can hardly believe it…November! Good grief, where has this year gone? November is just one month away from December and then, GADS, it’ll be time for a whole new year. Sometimes it boggles my mind how quickly time flies when you’re (doing whatever it is that you do which is supposed eventually lead to you to) having fun. Yes, I suppose it does sort of lose its oomph when you really stop to think about it, doesn’t it?
But that’s why we have blogging isn’t it?
What’s that, you ask? How did I come to that conclusion?
Well, first of all when we post to our own blogs and when we get the chance to pop over to visit the sites of other blogthurs, time sort of stops and we get to live not only in our own little moments but we also get to be a part of snippits of time that our blogging friends share with the whole world. And second, if we should ever feel so inclined, we can very simply ‘revisit’ all the special moments we’ve particularly enjoyed with the simple click of a button. Come now, I’m sure you’ve done it before. I know I have. Oh yes, there have been some blog posts my blogging buddies have made me giggle so much that I’ve gone back a few days later to reread them just to see if they were still funny.
And lo and behold, I’ve determined that about 96.3% of the time…those posts still get me to grinning. Of course, I’m sure you’re wondering about the other 3.7% and about that let me just say that I’ve recently discovered that somehow my giggle reflex has something to do with the amount of caffeine and sugar I ingest in the moments directly preceding when I read or rather reread a post. So based on my wholly unscientific calculations, I’ve decided that from now on…if I really want to give a fair shake to any rereads…I’m going to keep a stash of chocolates in my desk drawer and a few soda pops in my mini-fridge upstairs.
Alright so right about now you’re probably wondering where this is all leading to as my ‘Message From the Founder’s Keyboard’ usually discusses the theme for the month at hand…and in a weird, roundabout, rambling sort of way, this month’s intro does describe the theme for November 2011 because our theme is ‘BLOGGER’S CHOICE’ which means our members were asked to send in anything their little blogging hearts desired (so long as it fit the guidelines…as the editor, I always have to point that out.)
Now doesn’t that just whet your whistle to ponder what little gems our members have sent in? And aren’t you hoping that you’ll get to find a bit of quiet time in the coming days to pop over to RBU:The Group Blog to lose yourself for a few minutes in the thoughts of someone other than yourself? I know it does for me!
So remember in the nonblogging world, tempus may feel like it fugits past us at supersonic speeds but here in the blogging world we can make time stand still as we lose ourselves in the moments of others.